Your Facebook Admin page is changing!
Facebook is switching from its current admin view to a completely new layout they have named “Facebook Pages Experience”. If your Business page admin hasn’t been updated to the new Facebook Page Experience, it will be soon!
The first thing I would like to point out about this backend change is that it may also affect your Business page frontend – this is what the consumer sees. Information on your page, such as contact info, may not transition. You can add it again by going into your About section and editing the relevant fields. It is extremely important to keep all your business information up to date, including your name, address, phone number, store hours, address and that your website url includes https.
Now, lets talk about the new Facebook Pages Experience.
Finally, giving access to employees, agencies or anyone that needs access to your page makes more sense. Instead of providing full admin access to your Facebook page, you will now have a new option called Task Access.
People with task access to your page can manage the following things, if you choose to give them access:
- Content: Create, manage, or delete posts, Stories, and more. Respond to comments and update your page information.
- Messages: Send and respond to direct messages as your page, and other functionalities in Inbox.
- Community Activity: Review and respond to comments, remove unwanted content, and report activity on your page.
- Ads: Create, manage, and delete ads, and other ads-related tasks.
- Insights: See how your page content, ads and other metrics perform. Insights will be shared with people who have task access to your page.
Followers and Likes
With this new update, your page likes and the like button are no longer available, but you can still manage your audience and reach your followers, just like before. Follows are more meaningful than likes because they represent people who receive updates from your page in their News Feed.
When you follow pages or profiles as your page, you can see their updates and interact with them in this News Feed. Any action you take in this News Feed will be as your Page. This is one of the best ways of growing your followers and getting more visits to your page.
Switching Into Your Page
With this new Pages Experience, you will no longer see your page listed under Your Pages in the More menu. Instead, there is now a button to switch between your page (business) and your profile (personal). This keeps your page activity separate from your profile.
Insights about your page is something you should be looking at regularly to learn more about your audience trends, including age and location, and quickly see your top-performing content. Page Insights are now easier to read and understand.
A Quick Recap
Here is a summary of the changes you will see with the new Pages Experience.
- Redesigned layout that’s simpler and more intuitive
- Dedicated News Feed to discover and join conversations, follow trends, interact with peers and engage with fans
- Easy navigation between personal profile and Pages
- Updated task-based admin controls giving trusted Page admins full control or partial access
- Actionable insights and more relevant notifications
- Safety and integrity features to detect spammy content and impersonator accounts
Have you tried the new Facebook Pages Experience? What do you like about, what don’t you like about? Let me know.
If you have any comments or suggestions for future posts, please reach out to me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, I would love to hear from you.