Why Paid Search?
Paid search is a crucial component of any successful digital marketing strategy. It allows advertisers to promote their products or services directly to potential consumers who are actively searching for relevant information using search engines such as Google and Bing.
Over 90% of online experiences begin with a search engine, the most popular online tool for product research, with 85% of consumers using them to find information about products or services. About 30% of these consumers click on paid search ads to further their search.
For Businesses (like you!)
By leveraging consumer behavior and understanding the media mix within the digital advertising landscape, marketers can harness the power of paid search to drive brand visibility, generate leads, and increase their conversion rates.
Today, digital advertising accounts for a significant portion of total advertising spend, with digital share of total ad spend reaching around 74%. According to emarketer.com, that’s an increase of roughly 15% since 2019.
- Within the digital advertising landscape, search advertising holds a substantial share: while the exact percentage may vary, paid search often accounts for 40% to 60% of the digital ad spend.
- When it comes to search advertising, Google’s search advertising platform, Google Ads, is particularly popular due to its extensive reach and targeting capabilities.
Factors Contributing to Paid Search’s Effectiveness:
- Targeted Reach: Paid search allows advertisers to reach potential customers at the exact moment they are actively searching for relevant information or products. By bidding on relevant keywords and focusing on a smaller territory, advertisers can ensure their ads appear prominently in search engine results, increasing the chances of attracting qualified leads.
- Cost-effectiveness: Paid search offers a cost-effective advertising solution as advertisers only pay when someone clicks on their ad (pay-per-click or PPC model). This ensures that ad spend is directed towards interested users who have already demonstrated intent, making it a more efficient use of marketing budgets.
- Measurable Results: Paid search provides detailed analytics and reporting features, enabling advertisers to track and measure the effectiveness of their campaigns. Key metrics such as click-through rates (CTR), conversion rates, and return on ad spend (ROAS) can be monitored and adjusted to optimize campaigns and maximize return on investment (ROI).
Overall, paid search plays a critical role in a marketing specialist’s toolkit, thanks to its ability to target and engage potential customers at the right moment, and its range and flexibility also makes it the ideal opportunity for retailers to have reliable, controllable, always-on digital advertising for 365 days a year.
If you have any comments or suggestions for future editions of Terry’s Tips, don’t hesitate to reach out! I would love to hear from you.