So, what can you do?
Here are some marketing tips for small businesses in 2023:
- Use social media to build relationships with your customers
- Grow your email list and communicate regularly with your subscribers
- Create a positive online presence by providing valuable information to your customers
- Use paid advertising to improve your reach in search engines and social media.
- Take a look at what your competition is doing.
What is the Best Way to Use Social Media?
Social media is a powerful tool that can be used to generate new leads, engage customers and so much more.
Social media is always evolving, but there are some basic principles that should be followed for social media to work for your business:
- Know your audience
- Create quality content
- Engage with followers and customers
- Promote your social media profiles to grow and reconnect with your audience
Unsure of how to begin? Take a look at June’s edition of Terry’s Tips for content ideas.
How to grow your email list
A couple of best practices for subscriber growth:
- Make sure that your website has a good lead magnet. This is the first thing people see on your page when they visit, and it should be relevant to what you are offering on your website. You can also offer a discount on their next order, a contest or something else that is valuable for them.
- Keep in touch with people after they sign up for your newsletter or email list. You should send out a welcome email followed by emails at certain intervals so that people are not just signing up and then forgetting about you.
- Ensure you have a clear call-to-action everywhere you can to promote your list, so that visitors know exactly what they are signing up for and what they should expect from you.
Did you know? Mega offers a Premium Email Program. Click here to learn more and contact your Mega Group Retail Sales and Services representative to discover the full value proposition.
How to create valuable information for customers
The world has changed, and customers are now more demanding than ever. They want quality, value, and transparency. For this reason, it is important that you create valuable information for your customers.
Creating blog articles for your website and social media posts from customer needs is a good way to keep loyal customers happy and will help attract new followers by generating quality targeted traffic.
Write authentic, meaningful, and effective content that is targeted to the right audience. Create specific content for a specific audience. Focus on one keyword (one topic) that answers a question and fulfills a single need.
Use local and post related hashtags in your social media posts to build your community and start conversations that are relevant and meaningful.
How to increase your reach
Paid advertising is one of the most effective ways to increase your reach. It can help you grow your business and get more customers.
There are several benefits that come with paid advertising:
- It’s an easy way to get in front of a targeted audience
- You can control the cost and budget
- Reach people that may otherwise not know about you
- Win over customers from your competition
- You can track performance metrics like impressions and clicks.
You can get started on social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram by running different ads to help generate more traffic and leads with a small budget that targets a specific area around your store.
Not sure how? Here is a rundown of the ad-creation process in Terry’s Tips, July/August edition.
You can also get started with Google Ads, but this requires much more time, effort, and budget.
Google Ads can also help get you in front of potential customers on YouTube and Google Shopping, which have been proven to increase traffic and sales for many other retailers.
Did you know? Mega Group offers a Strategic Brand Program. Discover the full value, contact me for all the details.
Whatever you do, always be sure to follow the Mega Marketing Calendar to optimize all your promotional efforts and get the most reach. If you have any questions or comments about this article or have a suggestion for a future edition of Terry’s Tips, please reach out to me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I would love to hear from you.